Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eye Opener

The school I work at had a yearbook published this year. As well as the student and class photos, pictures of the members of the various teams and clubs were included. I run a craft club with the grade 3 students and was required to be included in the photo.

When the yearbook was printed and finally given to the students I had a brief look at it and was shocked when I came to see myself in the club photo. I knew that I had gained weight, but insisted on telling myself that I looked fine and that I could "hide it well"...

Not so, in this picture I look, well, chunky. And though I try to eat well, I have not kept up with exercising on a daily basis. And though I tend to eat healthy foods, I find that I give in easily to temptation when it comes to baked goods and sweets.

For months I have been telling myself "I really need to get back to exercising and eating well," yet I always find an excuse for not following through.

With this blog I am going to attempt to finally stop making excuses...

Perhaps through the blog I can be more accountable for my goals, to be healthier, to be fit, and to feel more refreshed and not tired all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment