Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Will I have what it takes? I must give it my best shot!

I have read through all of the P90X Fitness Guide...When I was reading the first few paragraphs, and even the first few pages, I was thinking to myself, "OMG, what have I gotten myself into?" There were many warnings about how if you've not done Power 90 or 10 Minute Work Out (or something similar) than you are not ready for P90X...

However, though for the past couple of years I have been somewhat lazy when it comes to exercise, I have done some light weight training and interval training (cardio) on occasion.

I continued reading, and, I did the fitness test. Now, try as I might, I have never been able to do a chin up. However, most weight-lifting movements can be replicated with exercise tubing. I will be using the tubing to replace the chin up bar. Other than that, and the Heart Rate Maximizer (which requires one to do jumping jacks for 2 minutes and then completely stop so that you can then measure your heart rate immediately, after 2 minutes, etc.) it seems that I am ready for P90X.

I decided that I would not do the Heart Rate Maximizer because I do not like the idea of coming to a full stop after getting your heart rate so high. I always have been educated to include a cool down so that the heart can gradually go back to it's normal rate. I jumped for 1 minute, jogged for 1 minute, marched for 1 minute and then I walked for 1 minute and just left it at that.

I've also read some of the Nutrition Guide. Much of it reminds me of Tosca Reno's views on eating clean:


http://www.eatcleandiet.com/

Unfortunately, I have not been very motivated to exercise - I'd much rather read or craft. However, I think I will actually start with the program tomorrow - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment