Monday, July 19, 2010

Farewell

This past Friday my uncle had a family dinner in honour of my cousin/god daughter. She resides in Guatemala (as does most of my extended family) and was in Canada as a visitor for 5 months. During this time she and the family in Canada were able to spend time together and learn more about one another. I am glad I got to know her better and wish her and her mother, my aunt Lucy, the best that life can bring them. May God bless them and allow them to live long and happy lives.


Sadness

The news channels continue to report on the death of children who have drowned this summer. It saddens me to know that these little children, who have their whole lives ahead of them, have died due to drowning. I don't know the background stories to what has happened in each of these cases. However, I beg for all parents and guardians to be sure that a sober and capable adult monitor children while they are in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment