Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It is said, "Silence is golden."

I am not sure how I feel about that. I find that I am very used to having sound in my life at all times and find silence a little disturbing.

"Silence, disturbing?!"

Yes, at least when I am in my house. I don't watch a lot of television, however, I usually have the radio on from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed! For the past few days I have been trying to turn it off for a while, and every time I do I notice that it isn't really silent in my house. I hear a very soft but very high pitched ringing in my ears. I believe it to be the hum of the electricity from such things as the computer, the television, etc., which is quite disturbing to me...

I opted to enjoy the "silence" of the outdoors instead this morning and had my breakfast and coffee in the backyard. We have a little man-made pond back there. I moved my chair towards it and watched the fish swim while listening to the birds sing. There were other sounds too - a very quite conversation between two men far away enough to not hear what they were actually saying, a car driving by from time to time, some construction work in the distance...I did not find any of these sounds disrupting, nor did I have the horrible high pitch ringing in my ears :)

I have a lot of reading I and research I need to get done today in regards to my goal of learning to live a healthy lifestyle. I enjoyed being outdoors this morning so much that I plan to do as much of that reading in backyard...

No comments:

Post a Comment